Wednesday, January 25, 2006

First post

I only tend to play for small stakes. I'm giving up the cash tables altogether I think. I keep getting outplayed and losing. Today I lost £15 on the 25p NL tables. Doesn't sound much, but I hate losing.

Over the months, the only way I consistantly make any kind of 'money' is in the £1 STT's. Today, I've played 6 STT's and had 2 wins and 1 second. When getting knocked out before the money, it's usually the result of bad luck rather than bad play on my part (I guess we all say that!).

In my last STT, I had 3 bits of bad luck. In the 3rd hand, I held A6 and had trip aces after the turn, but lost to A10. That cost me 300 of my 1000 chips. Then, soon afterwards, I landed pocket queens and put up a reasonable raise. Got one caller, but lost to a flush. Down to 300 chips. In the end, I went all-in with pocket 7's. Got one caller with A6 and lost to the ace on the river. C'est la vie!

No comments: