Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pocket pairs

I just lost the last 2 games when being dealt pocket pairs. I seem to lost the ability to lay them down. I deem this to be bad play as I had plenty of chips at the time could have easily laid them down. In the first game, I've 2,000 chips and I'm dealt QQ. I raise up to 120 chips (3xBB) and there's 2 callers. One of the callers has 2,500 chips. The flop comes 678 rainbow. I bet 100 chips and the large stack raises to 300 chips. I put him on the straight draw or something like A8. So, I call. The turn is a blank. I bet 100 chips, he raises to 300 again and I call. River is blank too. I bet 100 chips again and large stack goes all-in and I call. I lose. Large had flopped a straight.

Next game, I've 1,300 chips and dealt JJ UTG. I raise to 150 chips (3xBB) and one guy in early position (1,600 chips) goes all-in. I call, he shows AA and I lose.

Terrible play by me really, even if I'm a little unlucky. At some point, I should have layed down both hands. That'd be the mark of a good player.

No comments: